Professional Services from Resume Plus
A resume is your first contact with an employer. It has three purposes:
- To present you as a candidate
- To communicate your value
- To get you an interview
Your resume is your marketing tool. Your resume presents you to a buyer. Your resume puts you ahead of the competition.
Your resume is far more than just a professional history. It is the compelling document that gets you the interview for the job you want.
The process begins with getting to know you. I want to learn:
- Where you are and where you want to go
- What you have already achieved
- What you can achieve
- What excites you
- What interests you
- What makes you…well…you
I will use this information to create a resume that does more than list your qualifications, and I will create a resume that brings out your personality. A resume that shows why you are a good fit with the job…and the company.
Even at the highest corporate levels, competing for jobs is tough. To win, you must begin with a great resume. A resume that communicates your value. A resume that markets you as a top talent for top-level positions. A resume that gets you noticed. A resume that gets you interviews.
The resume I create for you will accomplish these goals. It will feature:
- Eye-catching design elements
- Abundant keywords specific to the position
- A powerful branding statement
- Numerous value messages
In addition to developing highly effective resumes, I offer related and supporting documents and services.
Resume Plus offers much more than resumes and cover letters. My expertise is in presenting my clients in the manner most appropriate to their fields. Some of these are:
- Personal Branding Statement. Your Personal Branding Statement sets you apart from other candidates. It says you are one-of-a-kind. Your Personal Branding Statement communicates your value. It is a component of your resume and every other document I create for you.
- Executive Career Biography. Your Executive Career Biography tells your story: Who you are and how you achieved your success. It compels the reader to learn more about you. Post-employment, it can be used for speech introductions, networking, appointments to corporate and community boards, business plan development, venture capital funding, news releases and recruiter contacts.
- Executive Leadership Profile. Your Executive Leadership Profile highlights your leadership accomplishments. It profiles the projects and events that elevated you to the highest ranks of the corporate world. Your Executive Leadership Profile shows the strength of the impact you have made throughout your career. It uses hard-hitting words and phrases that demand attention and hold interest. Post job search, your Executive Leadership Profile is ideal for investor presentations, networking and appointments to prestigious boards.
- Federal Resume. Successfully applying for a position with the federal government requires a specific type of resume. Not every professional resume writer is comfortable or competent when writing a resume for a federal government job. Over the years, I have written federal resumes for people who were hired as civilian employees by branches of the military and a wide variety of government agencies at some of the highest job levels.
- Curriculum Vitae. A curriculum vitae (CV) is requested by law firms, healthcare organizations and universities that want to fill higher-level positions. A resume is unacceptable. The CV provides in-depth career information and is a document I have created for many clients who are attorneys, physicians and educators.
- LinkedIn Profile. Your LinkedIn Profile extends your network of contacts and makes you more visible to employers. Unlike your resume, it is a more casual and conversational report of your professional background, skills and education. Your LinkedIn Profile talks about your entire career rather than the 10-15 years generally covered in a resume. It is rich in keywords, focuses more on your specialties than job titles, and discusses your personal interests. LinkedIn has more than 200 million registered users and is a website used by recruiters and hiring managers to locate job candidates.
What Does a Resume Cost?
The resume writing industry is not unlike other service-driven businesses. Costs will vary widely between companies. Here’s why.
Some resume writers offer a quick-fix resume that simply reworks what you have by inserting the information into a template. It looks pretty. It’s cheap. It probably won’t get you an interview.
Other resume writers sell you their services and then farm out the job to a production group. You get a resume that looks a lot like the other 100 done just before yours entered the “finished” bin. It’s better than the template. It costs a little more. Odds are, it won’t get you noticed by decision makers.
Hundreds of resumes are received for every available job. To increase your chances of making it to the “must interview” stack, you cannot settle for a template or production resume. You must invest in a customized resume; one that vigorously markets you.
At Resume Plus, there is no one-price-fits-all resume. Prices for customized resumes are based on criteria such as:
- Where you are in your career: Are you a CEO with 20 years of experience, someone who is ready to climb to the next rung of the corporate ladder, a person just entering the management field, or a new college graduate?
- Are you remaining in the same career field or planning to change directions entirely?
- Do you want to do the same kind of work but in a different industry?
- Are you applying for a position in the private sector, with a not-for-profit group, or the federal government?
- Have you changed jobs frequently or been at the same company for a very long time?
- Have you been out of the workforce for a few years and are now ready to return?
- Are you lacking a key qualification for the position you are targeting; i.e., a bachelor’s degree, and need to sell your experience or other attributes to compete?
Resume Plus is competitive with other resume writing firms that specialize in providing customized resumes that aggressively market job seekers. Resume Plus is not, however, a template-driven or factory-type resume writing company that churns out $50 resumes.
Purchasing a resume is an investment in your future. Make it a good one. Remember, if a customized resume prepared by Resume Plus gets you employed just one month sooner, you have recovered your investment many times over.
Contact Me (no obligation)
I would be pleased to talk with you about your career and job objectives and review your existing resume for you at no cost or obligation. This would be a good way to determine how I can best help you.
I invite you to contact me by any of the convenient means below:
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sue, I want to thank you for all of your help. Since hiring you to do my resume, my income has more than doubled. I also had an employer tell me I was hired based on the cover letter you wrote for me. Great work!
William Estell, Beaverton, OR
“Sue, Everything looks great. You spun some straw into gold for me with this! I am so happy to have a marketing document I can be proud of. Thank you for your wonderful work. Sincerely,”
Catherine Brock, Los Angeles, CA
“Sue, I have been meaning to email you but have been so busy interviewing the last couple of weeks. I just wanted to say thank you!
I was really hesitant to spend the money to have my resume professionally written. In retrospect, it was the best money I have ever spent. Not only has it helped me get more interviews than I can keep up with, but it has also been praised everywhere I go.
The quality of companies that call me after finding my resume online has been outstanding as well. Companies like Microsoft and Dell have had their recruiters calling me!
Hiring managers and recruiters have all made comments to the effect of “this is the best resume I have ever seen for someone in your field.” I can’t prove it, but I also think it’s gotten me in the door for jobs that offer more money than I would have otherwise been able to attain.
I have recommended Resume Plus to several colleagues who have also been very impressed with the resume you created for me. Bottom line, the resume you created for me is outstanding and has exceeded all expectations. As a result, I wanted to take the time to say thanks!”
Mike MacDonald, Cincinnati, OH